Not less than 36 chieftains of the Ekiti state chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) are jostling for the party’s ticket for the 2018 governorship election.
According to New Telegraoh, some of the aspirants have not officially declared their interest, but majority of them are intensifying their efforts in wooing party leaders both in the state and the centre to clinch the APC ticket.
Among those jostling for the APC ticket include:
1. Minister of Solid Minerals and Development, Dr. Kayode Fayemi
2. APC Deputy National Chairman (South), Engr. Segun Oni
3. Femi Ojudu; Special Adviser to the President on Political Matters
4. Gbenga Aluko
5. Former Speaker of the state House of Assembly, Hon. Olufemi Bamisile.
6. Bimbo Daramola
7. Opeyemi Bamidele
8. Bamidele Faparusi; former Chairman of Ekiti State Hospitals Management Board
9. Dr. Adebayo Orire; 2007 governorship candidate of the defunct All Nigeria Peoples Party (ANPP)
10. Otunba Yinka Akerele; former Executive Secretary, National Health Insurance Scheme (NHIS)
11. Dr. Femi Thomas; former Chief of Staff to ex-Governor Fayemi
12. Mr. Yemi Adaramodu; former House of Assembly Majority Leader
13. Hon. Funminiyi Afuye; Australia-based medical practitioner
14. Dr. Wole Oluyede and former House of Assembly member
15. Hon. Bayo Idowu.
16. Chief Sesan Fatoba
17. Chief Bisi Aloba
18. Chief Dele Okeya; former Special Assistant on Domestic Affairs to ex-President Olusegun Obasanjo
19. Mr. Bodunde Adeyanju; former Ekiti South senatorial aspirant
20. Mr. Kayode Adaramodu; an industrialist
21. Mr. Olajide Akinyemi Jnr; a retired officer of the United States Army
22. Captain Sunday Adebomi; former Special Assistant on Forestry
23. Mr. Bayo Babalotin; son of former governor of old Ondo State
24. Mr. Muyiwa Olumilua
25. Mr. Oladipupo Ogunkoyode
Fayose, who reacted to the growing list of APC governorship aspirants through his Special Assistant on Public Communications and New Media, Lere Olayinka, said the PDP is not bothered as the APC lacks presence in the state.
He said: “The question is: Is APC still in Ekiti State? The answer is no. They can have 1,000 aspirants, but we are not bothered because the party does not exist here, though it is public knowledge that one of the aspirants already has the ticket in his pocket.
“In 2014, the PDP defeated an incumbent governor, who worked with two former governors. We will do that again in 2018 in a free and fair contest.”
Click Here to Follow us on Facebook
Click Here to Follow us on Twitter