The Mr. President, in person of Asiwaju Oludotun Adetunberu exactly a year ago, your team started leading the EKSU Alumni in a constitutional journey of at least three years. Instantly you inaugurated a Committee on Financial Regulation. It worked and today is a working document for the financial operations of the Association. With uncommon determination, lean economy and loan from people like the BOT Chairman and other friends outside the association, your team launched the visions for the tenure:
1) annual Christmas and new year gifts
2)breakfast meeting in Lagos
3) Committee on endowment and harmonisation headed by the late alumni sage, Barr. Bankole Ajayi
4) holding meetings with (3) above to actualise the motive.
5) acquisition of 150 plots of land from the University for the proposed Alumni Village
6) architectural design of the Alumni Village
7) survey, demarcation and erection of survey pillars on the acquired land.
8) forceful possession and effective occupation of the land from the seemingly impenetrable acclaimed land owners
9) excavation and laying the foundation of the first building on the land.
10) peace making by way of interventions between the University and one ASUU and two students union
11) externalisation of the Association beyond its local bearings
12) requesting for and obtaining approval for, for the first time, honorary doctorate award of the University for members during 2018 convocation.
12) commissioning the prototype building of the Alumni Village
13) hosting the Alumni Award Night where some eminent persons in the association were honored.
14) inauguration of Eminent Persons Group( EPG) headed by Dr Israel Ovirrhi for the association
15) construction of two more buildings up to the roofing levels
16) grading and construction of the drainage system of the first street road of the alumni village
17) construction of the main gate into the Alumni Village
18) quality depredation on the Governing Council of the Association. There are other incidental interventions that are not mentioned here.
The above were the comments of the National Treasurer, Comrade Pastor Akinleye Isaac on various social media VISION FOR SECOND YEAR In a direct interview with the President, Asiwaju Oludotun Adetunberu, he appreciated the BOT, NEC members for their understanding and cooperation with him during first year. He again revealed the followings as his vision for the second year. He has a tenure of three year.
1) Launching of One Billion Naira Trust Fund for the University through the Eminent Persons Group slated for 8th September, 2018. A gala night follows.
2)Commencement of the Perimeter fencing of the Alumni Village.
3) Bursary Award for one hundred indigent students of the University.
4) Completion of the main gate leading to the Alumni Village.
5) Allocation of plots to members and interested developers for Alumni Village Vision projects on public private partnership i.e build, operate and transfer.
6) making the existing structures of the village functional with a view to generate revenue for the association.
7) Constitution Review within the the first half of the second year. The vision for the second year would be presented to BOT and NEC for consideration.
Signed: Media and Publicity aide To EKSU National Alumni President
Oluwatosin Sammy Ayodele